Tropical Weather Outlook Text Tropical Weather Discussion
For the eastern North Pacific…east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A tropical wave located a few hundred miles south-southwest of
Acapulco is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are forecast to become more conducive for
gradual development, and a tropical depression could form early
next week. This disturbance is forecast to move westward to
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, well south of the coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
2. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue in association
with a broad area of low pressure centered about 1350 miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
Upper-level winds appear to be conducive for further development,
and a tropical depression could form during the next two or three
days while the disturbance moves west-northwestward or northwestward
at 10 to 15 mph. After that time, conditions are expected to become
less favorable for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.